Tattoo Aftercare Instructions
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Leave the bandage on until you get home. DO NOT rebandage. Your tattoo needs to breath, just like any open wound.
- Gently wash the tattoo with anti- bacterial, unscented liquid soap. Be gentle, do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate. Just your hands. Pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- For the first 3 to 4 days, apply a small amount of ointment (We recommend coconut oil, mad rabbit, hustle butter) on your tattoo.
- Wash, dry, and apply ointment 3-5 times daily, as needed.
- After 3 or 4 days your tattoo will begin to peel. This is normal! DO NOT pick at the skin. Begin using a mild, white, unscented lotion free of dyes and perfumes.
Things to Avoid
- DO NOT pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub, or irritate your tattoo.
- DO NOT wear abrasive materials that may rub against your tattoo.
- DO NOT soak your tattoo for at least 2- weeks. NO swimming, hot tubs, or saunas.
- DO NOT let anyone touch your tattoo.
- DO NOT expose to direct sunlight for at least 3-weeks; after which, use sunblock when in the sun to prevent fading.
- BEWARE of gym equipment. Clean it well before using.
Products we recommend:
- Dr. Bronner's castile soap for babies
- Shea Moisture african black soap
- coconut oil
- everyday unscented shea butter
- Shea Moisture african black soap body lotion
- the Honest co. organic all purpose balm
- Andalou Naturals body butter
- all good sunscreen butter
- thinksport+ sunscreen
- MyChelle sun shield liquid
- Mustela baby mineral sunscreen
- vanicream sunscreen for sensitive skin